Pages

Monday 30 March 2020

My Favourite Animal

Golden Eagle 

The Golden eagle is North America's largest bird of prey. It can grow to a length of 3 feet, with a wingspan of 6 to 7 feet. Its plumage is dark brown with flecks of gold colouring around the head and neck. They have brown eyes, a yellow beak and talons that grow to 3 inches. Females can get to mass of 3-7 kg and Males can only get to 3.6 kg.

They build large nest in cliffs and other high places. Females lay up to 4 eggs, then they incubate them for six weeks. They are extremely swift, and can dive upon their quarry at speeds of more than 150 miles per hour. Golden eagles are carnivore, they use their sharp talons to snatch up rabbits, ground squirrels, reptile, birds and fish.

 What is the fastest bird in the world? - Quora

3 comments:

  1. Jullien
    A great blog post, I love the level of detail you have provided on the eagle. Can you tell me something about its status .. is it an endangered species for example?
    Great work.. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kamusta Jullien!

    It's so nice to see you doing some work from home. Remember last year we discussed paraphrasing our research and re-writing facts in our own words? What would improve your post is if you rewrote the information in your own words.

    What do you like best about the Golden Eagle?
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eagles too. They are fascinating creatures. I know you are capable of understanding what you are researching so you should be able to then re-write that information in your own words. It is really important to use your own voice and not copy someone else's words. Your readers want to hear how YOU explain information.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.