Pages

Thursday 20 May 2021

Trashing our Planet | Social Studies

 Today I am going to make a new blog-post about what we are learning in my social studies. So far we have been learning about the ocean plastic pollution, we looked at Happy broadcast which is a news channel that only has positive news. We watched a few videos about people telling us what is happening in the ocean and we answered some questions about it. 

What does plastic pollution do to our ocean? Plastics are bringing more problems to the ocean and for the marine life, plastics take 500 or more years to break down. Also plastics breakdown to small-tiny pieces called micro-plastics. Micro plastics is bad and dangerous because of the chemicals in it and if it is ingested by a marine animals it can block digestive tracts.


How can we help?/What is something you could do to reduce what goes in your red bins? To reduce what goes in your red bins you should put the right trash in the right bins, recyclable items should go to yellow bin, food compost should go in the green bin and non recyclable or organic goes in the red bin.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jullien, I Like how you easily get people attention to read your blog post. I also like how you manage to answer each question. Maybe next time add some image and videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kamusta Jullien, I enjoyed how you answer each of the question, it have thought me quiet a few thing about what is the effect of the plastic to our ocean. 1 thing that I was shocked about is when you said, that plastics take 500 or more years to break down. Well done Jullien, kept up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.