Pages

Tuesday 11 May 2021

Metal Reaction

 Today in our Science class we did an experiment about metal and how it reacts to acid. 

Equipment:

  • Test tube
  • Boiling tube
  • Piece of Metal / Magnesium
  • Acid 
  • Wooden splint 
  • Bunsen Burner 
The first thing we did was to put 2ml of acid in our test tube, then we dropped a piece of magnesium in the test tube ad covered it with the boiling tube to trap the gas being produced. After a minute we burned our wooden splint and took the boiling tube filled with gas and we sticked the burning splint inside and it pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.