Pages

Thursday 20 May 2021

Lime Water Test / Unfinished Work

Testing for Carbon Dioxide Gas

Aim: To shows that carbon dioxide gas is produced when when a metal carbonate reacts with acid.

Equipment: Two boiling tube, delivery tube and bung, Bunsen burner, test tube rack, wooden splint, a bottle of acid, small amount of metal carbonate, test tube tongs, safety glasses.

Method: 

1. Light your Bunsen burner.

2. Add a 'pea-sized' amount of the metal carbonate into one of the boiling tubes.

3. 

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.