Pages

Wednesday 24 February 2021

Music Through Time

Last week in our Social Studies we've studying about slavery. We made our work in a thing called My maps. 

Spirituals is a type of religious song, They sang it and they also dance when all the slaves gather in one place. Spirituals song help slaves uplift slaves, give them hope, church, funerals, and wedding if allowed. It also hid secret message to help them escape. 

Harriet Tubman is an ex-slave famous for helping thousands of slave escape. Harriet Tubman used song to send to send messages to slaves, Harriet Tubman used Wade in the Water help slave escapes trough the underground rail road. The song had hidden meanings like were better to wade in the water so slave catchers and dogs could not sniff them out. 
Harriet Tubman - Wikipedia

Link to the song: Wade in the Water

Link to the map I made: My maps

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jullien. I like the blog post you created and u added writing of what it was about, maybe next time you can add a link to the song or your map so other people can see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kamusta Jullien, I really like reading your blog, I like how you include a photo of Harriet Tubman. When exactly did this happen? and why are there slaves? Overall, it's a very good blog.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.