Pages

Wednesday 14 April 2021

Live Aid | Bob Geldof & Midge Ure

In the 1970's Bob Geldof was a Irish singer-songwritter and political activist and also the lead singer of the Boomtown Rats. Their most famous song was "I don't like Mondays realeased in 1979. Bob Geldof was famous for statating the reason for joining a pop band. Bob Geldof was widely recognised for his activism, especially anti-poverty efforts concerning Africa.

How a TV Show Changed Music and Africa | Bush Center

Midge Ure was a  Scottish singer involved in several bands, also he was the the frontman for Ultravox. Together with Bob geldof in 1984 they wrote a song called "Do They don't know it's Christmas". This song was a major success around the world, reaching number one in thirteen other countries outside the UK. 

Midge Ure» Guitar Chords (9+ Songs)

Why did they write Do they know it's Christmas? They wrote this song to raise charity to provide money for the famine relief and also to fund raise for the Ebola crisis in West Africa.    



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.