Pages

Monday 12 April 2021

Acid Rain Expirement

 What is acid rain?

Acid rain, or acid deposition, is a broad term that includes any form of precipitation with acidic components, such as sulfuric or nitric acid that fall to the ground from the atmosphere in wet or dry forms. This can include rain, snow, fog, hail or even dust that is acidic.

What is our Aim?

Our aim will be to observe effects of Acid Rain.

Hypothesis

Petal, Calcium carbonate, Apple, Universal Indicator, Bromothymol Blue.

Method: 

In a petri dish place items around the edge. Wet dry ingredients with drop of water. in the middle put a weight boat. 

Add a spatula of Sodium sulfate to weight boat, and 5 drops of Sulfuric Acid.

Observation:

The Bromothymol turned yellow, the Universal Indicator turned red, some part of Calcium Carbonate were wet, I'm not sure what happened to the petal and but it kinda turned into a darker colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.