Pages

Thursday 2 July 2020

Evaporation Experiment

Kumusta, In the past few lesson in our science we've been learning evaporation and today were about to do a experiment about it.

Aim: To evaporate Copper Sulfate (Blue Liquid) to separate the mixture.


Hypothesis: I think that there will blue stuff left in the 


Equipment: Copper sulfate solution, 250ml Beaker, heat proof mat, evaporating basin, element.


Method: 

    1. Set up the element.
    2. Add 100ml of hot water to the beaker and place on the element.
    3. Add copper sulfate to the evaporating basin until it is quarter full.
    4. Carefully, place the evaporating basin on the top of the beaker.
    5. Turn the element to 8.
    6. Heat the solution most of the solvent has been evaporated and crystals of solute are forming.
    7. Turn off the element-careful not to touch as will be hot for a long time.

    Conclusion: I can see that my hypothesis is correct because it left with blue crystals on the evaporating dish.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
    1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
    2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
    3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.