Pages

Tuesday 4 February 2020

Self Directed Learner

Today at our first day of Hurumanu called Inside out we were asked to highlight green if you know you can already do that and the yellow highlight is for the one that your not kinda there yet and you want to work on more. So this is the one I did, I got 3 greens and 5 yellows. Also we had to pick one yellow and write how are you gonna achieve that, I chose catch up on work because sometimes I fall behind on work.


As a Self Directed Learner I
  • Have a positive attitude to all parts of learning including setbacks. 
  • Know what skills I need to develop so I can learn. 
  • Can tell others the ways how I like to learn and what suits me best. 
  • Know what work I need to complete and set goals based on this.
  • Manage my learning time so I complete all tasks.
  • Catch up on work I miss or fall behind on in my own time. 
  • I will not mind other people’s business to focus and get the work done.
  • I will sleep early to not be lazy doing work at 
School.
  • I will not waste time talking with my friends so I can finish work.
  • Ask for feedback when I am unsure. 
  • I reflect on my learning by asking:
  • How do I know what I’ve learned?
  • Can I explain what I’ve learnt to someone else?
  • Can I apply what I’ve learned when creating my work. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jullien!

    Great work! As I can see we have the same goal to achieve. Hope you can achieve it. Goodbye, have a great day.

    -Khyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kamusta Jullien!

    I love blogs because I like being able to look at students who used to be in BH and see how they are growing each year at school. I think you've highlighted some really sensible goals. I think this one, is one that you can improve on from Year 8: I will not mind other people’s business to focus and get the work done.

    You will be working with different people this year so that might help you focus on your learning and do the best you can do! I look forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.